Thursday, September 12, 2013

BIDEN: "I will make it my business to impeach Him"...(speaking of the President)

Biden has been asked by the media and others several times that if the President of the United States had launched an attack on Iran without congressional approval, would that have be an impeachable offense?

Here are his answers....






Below is a partial transcript of Biden campaigning in New Hampshire in 2007, where he said that he would move to impeach Bush if he unilaterally attacks Iran.

QUESTIONER: "I have a great fear that say you're elected as the nominee of the party. Next August sometime during the summer, Dick Cheney and George are going to bomb Iran."

BIDEN: "Legitimate concern."

QUESTIONER: "What can you do about it?"

BIDEN: "I am not one, who if you've observed me for some time, I am not one who's engaged in excessive populist rhetoric. I'm not one that pits the rich against the poor. I'm not one who's gone out there and made false threats against presidents about, and god love him he's a great guy, I'm not Dennis Kucinich saying impeach everybody now. But let me tell you, I have written an extensive legal memorandum with the help of a group of legal scholars who are sort of a stable of people, the best-known constitutional scholars in America, because for 17 years I was chairman of the Judiciary Committee.
"I asked them to put together [for] me a draft, which I'm now literally riding between towns editing, that I want to make clear and submit to the Untied States Senate pointing out the president has no authority to unilaterally attack Iran. And I want to make it clear, I want it on the record, and I want to make it clear, if he does, as chairman of the foreign relations committee and former chair of the judiciary committee, I will move to impeach him."

SECOND QUESTIONER: " ... I say this not to fan flames, and not to sound like a raving lunatic. You did mention something about impeachment, if George Bush does something regarding Iran. I say this as a strategic or tactical question. Do you think it would be useful now to forward an impeachment motion as a signal to the world that we're headed in the right direction?"

BIDEN: "It's a valid statement to make. It is not as clear constitutionally that articles of impeachment would lie absent his action, which is crystal clear if he acted without congressional authority in Iran. It is arguable constitutionally whether some of the action he has taken thus far amount to high crimes and misdemeanors that could be in fact proven.
"So it makes it difficult. But beyond that, it is counterproductive. Let me make it clear what the impeachment case I made is. I think the best deterrent is for the president to know, even at the end of his term, we would move and move to follow through with that so his legacy would be marred for all time if he acted in what was clearly, clearly an impeachable offense. In the absence of that, what happens is, and you're gonna think I'm joking about this. I'm not. If you're gonna impeach George Bush you better impeach Cheney first. Not a joke. Not a joke."

Here is Biden again on Chris Matthews MSNBC Show saying it again....



Does Biden still stand behind his comments???

My question is this, why isn't the media asking Biden for is input on Obama wanting to bomb Syria?  After all isn't Biden an expert on what the Constitutional Limitations of the President are dealing with the War Powers Act.

Again, where is the media and does Biden stand behind his comments like he said back in 2007....


WAKE UP AMERICA




No comments:

Post a Comment